Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mandalorian Ale and other blondes

Nemiria put a bunch or credits on the bar and then waited for the bartender to server her the drink she had ordered. A sigh escaped her lips, lately they always wanted her to pay before she got something to drink. She closed her fingers around the glass when finally receiving what she had ordered and walked away from the bar to lean against a wall while drinking.

Ødd enters the cantina and takes a quick survey of his surroundings. The bar is busy, and smells heavily of spilled alcohol and smoke with a hint of vomit. Ødd inhales deeply through his nostrils and a smile spreads accross his face. He takes a few long strides up to the bar and makes eye contact with the bar tender, who nods in recognition and brings Ødd his drink without so much as a word.

Nemiria emptied half of her glass then just kept leaning against the wall. With her heel of her left leg she started to play around with a ball of paper somebody must have thrown onto the floor. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a cigarette which she then tried to light with the same hand just to swear when realizing that her lighter was not willing to serve her at all.

While leaning against the bar, Ødd notices the frustrated women trying to light her cigarette. He smiles to himself and makes his way over to the lady. Ødd raises his arm in front of her a lights up the flame thrower on his wrist, making a flame for the woman to light her cigarette. "Looks like you could use a light, sweet heart."

Nemiria opens her eyes wide when suddenly having a flamethrower in front of her nose. She looks startled for a moment then bends lightly forward and lightens her cigarette at his flame thrower. She leans back and smiles up to him "I never thought they could be so useful" she nods in the direction of the flame thrower "Thank you Mister".

Nemiria
Ødd nods to Nemiria, "Naturally, I've never been one to leave a pretty young lady distressed." The bartender shouts from accross the room, "HEY! NO OPEN FLAMES! C'mon MAN! PUT THAT OUT!" Ødd casually switches the flame thrower off and waves at the the bartender. "The name's Ødd." He puts his hand out to Nemiria.

Nemiria takes the offered hand while grimacing at the bartender before looking back to Odd again "This is good, I like men with fire" she grins "my name is Nemiria"

Ødd grins at comment and turns her hand over and places a kiss on the top of it, "A pleasure, Nemiria." He lets go her hand to light his own cigar. "Can I buy you a drink, sweet heart?"

Nemiria succeeds in not snickering as he kisses her hand and nods "I am sure you can actually I think it is a wonderful idea. And how about me letting you choose the drinks? " she still smiles then pushes herself off the wall. "I hope you do not mind if I acompany you back to the bar?"

Ødd nods, "I wouldhave it no other way. Lets see what kind of drinker you are, hm?" He drains his cup and leads Nemiria to the bar behind him. Once there, he gestures to the bar tender who quickly brings two large mugs of a thick black ale and places them down in front of Ødd. "Mandolorian Black. Nothing like it in the galaxy." Ødd grins knowingly as he passes the large mug to the little lady next to him.

Nemiria grins "I am the best kind of course, I only fail in lightning cigarettes but you were so kind to solve that problem for me" she takes a last drag of hers and throws it onto the floor to stomp onto it to turn off the fire. "A good choice although I normally prefer drinks to be a bit more intense" her hands close around the mug so that she can lift it with both before taking a sip. "I had no clue that they serve it even here."

Ødd quirks an eyebrow at her comment. "More intense, hm? Brave words." He looks her over, noting her slight frame and how large the mug looks in her hand. "A toast? To open to flames and damsels in distress." He raises his mug to her.

Nemiria raises her mug to his words "a good toast you seem like a man of interesting taste Ødd" she turns around so that she can lean against the bar while looking to him "What does a man with a love for fire do on a planet like this?"

Ødd ponders the question briefly. "Well, why does anyone frequent catinas in the seedy underbelly of the Republic capitol world? To lie low, of course." He takes a drag from his cigar and blows the smoke through his nostils. "What about you? What brings a little thing like you to this shit hole?" The bartender glares at Ødd, who completely ignores him. "You gotta be either brave or stupid to come into a place like this by yourself, lookin' like that."

Nemiria empties her mug and slowly turns her hips before completely turning to the bar to place it there. "That is true, but the drinks are cheap and you hardly meet any official here. I like it and maybe I am stupid and brave at the same time or I just know how to hurt when it is needed." she looks up at him "you might be way taller than me but you might not be faster or not able to get into corner I can get in. Or are you trying to offer me your services as a chaperone?". Her lips are still curled to a grin while she waits for his answer

Ødd smirks as she defends her reasoning for being there. "You're tenacious, at least. I'm no one's chaperone, and it doesn't sound like you really need one." Rests one elbow on the bar and leans against it. "You never answered my question though, you just here for a good time?"

Nemiria leans onto the bar as well and keeps looking to him her right foot resting on the back of her left knee. "I do not need one indeed, and I am here because I am waiting for a job. But it looks like people are not really in need of my services." she shrugs "I am a free freight shipper. I pick up freight and deliver it somewhere else. But as there is not really anything going on I thought I also could try to have a good time".

Ødd raises his eyebrows when she explains her profession. "You're freelance, you say?" He rubs his chin in thought. "Interesting. How long you been at it?"

Nemiria nods "It has more benefits than working for others or joining organisations, I like being able to decide myself what I transport and so on. I am doing this now about 4 or 5 years"

"What kind of merch to do handle? Is it all legal or....?" Ødd tils his head to the side, genuinely taking interest in her job.

"All kinds of" she keeps looking at him "I pick it up at some place and bring it somewhere else, sometimes the freight is not happy to be transported but normally quite willing to follow me to my ship first. But normally I just transport normal stuff like weapons or other supplies"

Ødd can't help but smile at her candor. "That's a long time to straddle the law like that, I'm impressed."
Nemiria winks at him "I have a very honest face, I guess. So as I told you what kind of work I do, why do you need to hide at a place like this?"

Ødd shrugs casually, "You're going to need more than a honest face to get me to spill the beans. You be undercover." He smirks playfully. "How do I know I can trust you, sweet heart?"

Nemiria curls her lips to a grin "Well, do you think I would be willing to work for anybody who would request me to write formal notes, or ask me to wear a uniform" she moves to look at her empty mug "of course you can not know if you can trust me or not but you just said that you got beans to spill and I am sure you are not the kind of man who leaves a woman in suspense"

Ødd notices her sublte glance into her empty mug and gesture toward the bartend for another round. "Well, you know I'm in hiding for -some- reason. You're right however, I don't like leaving women waiting. I'm a mercenary captain, I had a bad run in with some powerful people. We brokered a peace deal... but you know how these sorts things go sometimes."

Nemiria gives him an approving look as he orders the Bartender to fill her mug again "I know" she makes a grimace and pulls up her nose when remembering some situations she had maneuvered herself in. "Things can be nasty. Think of the good side of hiding here. Soon you will be so pale that nobody will recognize you"

Ødd a laugh, "Hah! That's the idea." He looks her over again, appraisingly. "Well, you -sound- like you know what you're doin'. It just so happens that Ihave some equipment that needs moving out of Imperial space. Off of Balmorra to be exact. It's dangerous work, and highly illegal." Ødd takes a drink from his ale, and sitck his cigar back in his mouth. "Interested?"
Nemiria nods "I think I can do that and I am interested. Where on Balmorra is it located?" she looks down to her now filled mug and then lifts it to her lips to take an other sip. "I have done something similar some time ago but I guess you do not want it to be shipped to Corellia or some other planet?"

Ødd shakes his head. "Afraid not, I maintain an old Czerka mining station orbiting one of the moons of Kashyyk. Deliver the goods there, and I'll pay you 15 grand." He hands her a small data pad, detailing the drop information. "This is will be a good test to see what you're capable of. And, of course, if you get caught. We never met."

Nemiria pulls out her own data pad and makes sure that the data from his gets transfered to hers, before handing him his data pad back "Of course we never met. My lack of contacts is outstanding and very useful. So are there any things I should know? Is there something which needs special treatment or special packaging? Some equipment can be quite easy to destroy and I unfortunately never managed to get an insurance against damages caused by the transport"

Ødd shakes his head again. "No special instructions for the equipment. Just treat it like you would your usual illicit cargo. The trick is for you to make it through the Imperial blockade around that planet, and not get arrested or my equipment confiscated. I'm still not sure if you're as capable as you say or if you're just swagger." He grins toothily. "Lets hope it's not the latter." He drains his mug and looks her over again, this time with a much more lascivious intent. "I think this could be the star t of a beautiful relationship." Ødd looks over the bartender, "Zild! Keep this little bird in her cups for the night, on me." The bartender looks up cleaning a glass with a nod and a shrug. "Alright, sir. It's your credits..." Zild returns to his cleaning duties, shaking his head knowingly.
With that, Ødd turns to leave. "See you soon, sweet heart."

Nemiria nods to his instructions "Well you will only know when I deliver your equipment." she empties her mug and pushes herself up to lean back and to stretch "I am sure it could be. Useful and interesting" she looks to Odd "I will go now I am looking forward to more Mandalorian Black soon"

Ødd continues to leave without another word.

No comments:

Post a Comment