Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ødd and Täbris in a Bar


Täbris leant back on her seat while pondering about the offer of the mercenary. The requested amount was too much. Not only that it was not appropriate comparing to the price of a decent spaceship it was also way more than she could afford. She had the impression that Ødd had been toying with her all the time. She turned her head to look directly to him "I am not going to pay that. How about an exchange of information. You tell me who hired you, and I tell you who told me that it was you who kidnapped Lord Koyu?"


Ødd rubs his chin as he ponders the young apprentice's proposal. "An interesting suggestion. You want me to sell out one of my best clients for the price of a rat? Sorry lady, you're going to have to do better than that." He grins mischievously as his eyes make their way from her head to her feet. "What else ya got?"


Täbris counters his gaze and stares at his face. "They are all rats at the end, aren't they. Not willing to do the dirty work themself and hence hiring you to do it for them. I doubt that you dislike it but still I do suppose that, who ever hired you to kidnap my master can not be one of your best clients.". She gestures to the waitress to order for the mercenary and herself alderaanian beer, then continues "I am well aware of the lack of social skils of my master, I doubt that anybody of real importance would want to see him dead. And instead of my master now most of your men are dead. The whole job was just bad business for you. The credits you request are not pocket money for you, you need it because you lost men and most likely also equipment.".


Ødd raises his eyebrows, his tone heavy with sarcasm. "Well, aren't you clever?" Ødd rolls his eyes and nods to the young Sith. "Yes, I need the money to rebuild my forces. Your master did a lot of damage to my things. And you're correct, my former client is not my best. But they paid. Which is more than what you're offering for me to give them up." He leans back in his chair and take a long drink from his newly refreshed beverage. "As you figured out, I need money not information. You've heard my price for the information, pay up or piss off."

Täbris smirks and takes a sip of her beer. She manages not to make a grimace because of the taste. "I am not going to pay you. But I understand the situation you are in. You are not able to work without equipment and the only thing you got to offer is that information. Unfortunately for you I am the only person who is interested in obtaining it. So how about this I will help you with your next job. You have met my master, I am not as good as him but it was him who trained me and I have fought in battle fields as well as I was able to find out that it was you who has lead the group which kidnapped Lord Koyu. You also know that I want information from you so you can be sure that I will make sure that you do not get killed. And of course it will give you more chances to stare at me".

Ødd shakes his and leans forward. "Look, lady. No offense, but I don't work with your kind. Historically, my men always end up dead when they work with force users." He takes another long drink from his Mandolorian black and puts it down. "I still want money." Ødd smirks, "Unless you something else to offer me, and I'm not much for window shoppin'." He winks and takes another drink.

"Work with force users? You mean kidnapping force users I doubt that you ever worked with some in a normal way." she leans to him and whispers "just a secret you will die anyways some day." she shrugs "I will take my leave then as you are apparently afraid of my presence"

Ødd barks a laugh, "Hah! Don't flatter yourself kid, a whelp like you couldn't possible strike fear into likes of me. I've worked with, for and against many force users. You're all fucked up in some way." He grins as she she takes her leave. "Hate to see you go, sweet heart..." His eyes fall onto her back side. "...but I love to watch you leave. Oh! Tell your master, no hard feelings and I sincerely hope he gets well soon." Ødd leans back in his chair, drains his mug of ale and waves down the waitress for another, seeming to have already forgotten about the Sith apprentice.

She slowly turns around her face calm and her lips curled to a smile "I am sorry to hear that you hate to see me go but unfortunately we both do not seem to come to an agreement and I dislike wasting my time" she gives him a last smile before heading to the bar to pay for their drinks. Her fingers trail nearly thoughtless over her lightsaber as she turns and heads out of the cantina.

Ødd smiles and offers an appreciative nod to the apprentice for paying for the drinks. He leans on his elbow and rests his chin on his fist. His smirk ever present as he watches her walk toward to the door, his lascivious gaze trails lazily across her more feminine body parts.

Täbris smirks while walking out of the bar. She takes a deep breath when stepping finally outside. For a moment she looks up to the sky and makes a grimace. This was for sure not a planet she liked. She decided to walk around the cantina to make sure that there would be only one exit and found a back door. Not wanting to waste the oportunity she wove the force to cloak herself and went back into the cantina to observe the mercenary.

The next round is brought to his table; the scantly clad twi'lek carrying the drinks places the large mug of ale on the table in front of Ødd. With lightning reflexes he snatches the young serving girl's arm above the elbow and brings her in close. He whispers something inaudible into her ear. Initially she looks afraid, but her terror quickly gives way to a fit of giggles. Ødd's grip loosens on her arm as her wraps one heavily muscled arm around the slender twi'lek's waist and pulls her gently onto his lap. Both of them laughing merrily as they make small talk and flirt.

Täbris resists the urge to facepalm and watches the new formed couple for a moment. Then decides that this might take a while and that she could use her time on better ways. She moves away from the wall she had standing at and slides out of the bar again. She calculated that he might need around two hours that would be enough for meditation as well even a short nap.

Ødd stands and follows the twi'lek into the back rooms and disappears for the rest the night and most of the following day.

When he finally reemerges, he walks to the bar and raps his knuckles on the bar top ordering another drink. Once received, he heads to the door with the mug in hand. As he passes the twi'lek from the night before, who is already hard at work serving drinks to patrons, and slaps her on the rear-end causing her to blush and giggle.


Finally outside, he takes a deep breath through his nose and a long swig from his drink; a satisfied smile spreads across his face.


After having decided not to spent her time with watching a mercenary get drunk and layed Täbris had went back to the spaceport. After revealing her identity as sith she had been treated way better than Odd had treated her in the bar. She had expected to be accommodated in bunks but was quite pleased to find herself in a small apartment. The bed was surprisingly comfy so she slept way longer than she had planed.

After waking and a breakfast, which contained pancakes, she decided to see what other benefits her status and her location would offer her so went to get her hair cut, manicure and pedicure.

Then went back to the bar most secure that if he was still on the planet, Odd still would be there as there hardly were any other places to amuse oneself.

Ødd just... keep sipping his drink, enjoying the sunshine and the smell of combat. Still under the impression that Tabris is long gone.

Täbris stepped next to him and looked at his drink "You start early. Are you sure that you still want to refuse my offer? You will not end spending your days on a loosy planet like this while you could be on a place with better entertainment than this" she gestures at the cantina behind them.

Ødd doesn't flinch as she makes her presence known. "Just the hair of dog, sweet heart. You here to renegotiate? Cause frankly, I'm doing just fine right here for now." He takes another drink of her ale.

"I only wanted to make sure that you are well and healthy, You know you got something I want to know and hence I am concerned about your health. That drink for example, you should not start drinking that early or that much. It will not be good for you" she smiles sweetly up to him.

He grins at her feigned concern, "Right, wouldn't want the precious information I have to lock itself away in someone dead skull." He looks down at her, his smile gone. "Have you come to reconsider my offer?" Ødd finishes off his drink and tosses thee empty mug onto the ground.

Täbris makes a step to the side to avoid that she gets hit by rests of the drink which might not have found their way from the bottom of the mug into Odd's mouth "1,5 million credits is way too much. I am disappointed that you did not want to accept my offer to work with you in exchange for that information. Many have found my company most interesting and delightful".

He shrugs in indifference. "I suppose you'll have to find your information elsewhere. I don't work with Sith. I thought I made that clear. 1.5 million is the price of the information, the way I see it... you need me a lot more than I need you. Wouldn't want to disappoint ol' pasty face, would you?" Ødd looks up as a shuttle passes over head. "I won't be on Balmorra for much longer, sweet heart. You may not be able to find me again."

She shrugs as well "You seemed to have drunken a lot when refusing my offer. And of course I do not want to disappoint Lord Koyu." She turns her head as well to look at the shuttle "I found you once I will find you again. But how about this as I am not willing to pay you that amount and you are not willing to accept my offer maybe there is something else which would be beneficial for both of us."

Ødd tilts his head, returning his attention to the young Sith. "I'm listening."

She keeps looking up to him "You need the credits to get some gear. So how about I get you the gear directly?.

Ødd sighs in disappointment. "How much money -can- you get, little girl? I have specific channels that I acquire my equipment through. And I need men more than I need equipment. I don't need whatever garbage imperial tech you think I can use."

She shrugs "I am an apprentice. And I am the apprentice of somebody who does not care about anything but the true sith way. Thinking that I could afford 1,5 Milion credits is ridiculous. But the man problem I might be able to solve for you. I spent the night in the imperial base and learned that they expect a delievery of slaves. Apparently a group of former soldiers who somehow managed not to get executed after breaking imperial law."

"I don't need broken men. You're telling me a Lord of Sith has -no- money? Who the fuck are you trying to kid? I'm not some small-time thief looking for a quick break. I don't need you, or your the garbage your offering. I'm starting to get annoyed, little lady." Ødd pulls a cigar from inside of his jacket, bites the end off and spits it onto the ground. "Money or piss. Off." He then lights the cigar and take a deep drag.

She snickers and shrugs "Well wouldn't you want to keep your money together as well?" she leans against the wall. "You met my master, you can be sure that he is not going to throw money to the person who tortured him. So you will not get more than 95k".

Ødd furrows his eyebrows. "You can stuff 95k. 900k."

Täbris laughs "900k thats way too much I am willing to give you 115k Then you can afford some more of those cigares"

Ødd looks directly into her eyes, "500k, final offer."

Täbris looks into his eyes and forces herself to breath calmly although not really appreciating the smell of smoke he is surrounded in "150k and the name of the snitch who gave me your name"

Ødd offers a half smile. "300k and the name of rat, and you got a deal, sweet heat."

Täbris shrugs "Well how about 250 and the name, then we got a deal."

Ødd scratches his chin thoughtfully. "I settle for 250 and the name of the rat, if I have your master's word that he and his will leave me and mine alone. This exchange settles any problem between us. Deal?"

Täbris nods "I will confirm with my master that he will not hunt for you when he has the name of those who hired you. The name of the rat you can have right now it is Isan. I am sure you remember him. His eyes make those creepy sounds." she gives him a smile "I guess I will find you here in the next hours?"

Ødd grins and nods. "'fraid not, sweetie. Places to go, people to do." He takes another drag from his cigar and leans against the wall next to the young Sith, "You'll be looking a woman. Pure-blood. Jedi. Last name Sinerius. Goes by Natrissa. Not sure why, but she wanted your boy tortured and killed. She had it out for him, in the worst way... Didn't think the Jedi had it in them, but it takes all kinds I guess." He looks up at the sky as anti-aircraft artillery starts firing. "I expect payment by the end of the day, send the credits directly into this account." Ødd hands her a data pad with the relevant account information. "I've given you this information on trust that I'll be paid. I can tip off the Jedi if I don't get my payment, and I've captured your master before. Don't underestimate me. Keep that in mind." He then puts the cigar out on the sole of his boot and flicks the remains into the street. "Let's hope our paths don't cross again."

Täbris reaches out to take the datapad. "I will make sure that the transaction is being fullfilled." She does not comment on his words about Natrissa and just nods. "You might think that I am naive but I am not naive enough to break contracts".

She also does not comment on his wish not to see her again and just turns to make her way back to where she had come from to make a holocall to Koyu.

Back in the place which had been assigned to her for the time of her stay on Ballmora she started a holocall to Koyo.

Ødd smirks, eying her back-side as she walks away before turning back into the cantina and disappearing from site.

Täbris sits down on a chair while wiating that her master answers her call. It is hard for her to resist the urge to bite onto her lower lip but she did not want to be caught when showing her nervousness.

2 comments: